Library Techician II, Acquisitions Assistant
University of Colorado Law School
223AA Wolf Law Building
Boulder, CO 80309-0402
Phone: (303) 492-5966
- Identify titles that might be purchased by the library to enhance the collection (i.e. provide reviews, publisher information, tables of content, pricing, etc.) and then receive the new items once they
arrive by checking for any damages and verifying that the invoices are correct.
- Verify annual renewal invoices to make certain items are arriving in a timely manner and to notify librarians of any change in prices so they can determine if we will continue to maintain those titles.
- Search a database for the correct information (i.e. title, author, edition, publisher, etc.) to identify the best MARC records (electronic version of a card catalog) for our print and electronic resources,
export the records to our catalog, edit the records, and then maintain the records to ensure links are always working.
- Check serial records (journals, magazines, newspapers, etc.) to ensure that all items are arriving in a timely manner, claim any items that haven't been received, and then verify that the claimed items have
- Maintain the Library's Wiki on a regular basis for the Technical Services Department so that all procedures are up-to-date and easily accessible.